Some people make New Year’s resolutions. I am not one of those people. I create goals based on the season because it works better for my life, dreams, and sleep schedule. I also gave these goals a cooler name — seasonal moxie — because I can.
We’re already month into summer, but (YOLO) here are the things I want to focus on for the remaining sweaty summer months I have left. As you can see from my Spring recap I did an ok job at completing last season’s goals. In an effort to focus more on my follow through I’m approaching my goals with these 5 steps. Fingers crossed for better results come fall! Let’s dive right in…
- Be Active AF. I’ve been doing a little better about going to group fitness classes through ClassPass, but I really want there to be some form of activity every day. I’m not saying I want to get a one hour work out in every day, but something more than the walk from my car to the office and back would be nice. Basically, I’m trying to avoid getting to this level:
- Make time weekly for creative pursuits. I’m the type of person who has too many ideas and doesn’t know what to do with them. I’ve narrowed a few ideas and I am ready to run with them. I’m excited to see where they go and how much progress I can make. I want to get in the habit of working on these projects weekly, but I don’t want to put too much pressure on finalizing anything within a certain period of time. At this phase I am leaving myself some flexibility to discover and adapt as I go.
- Organize my room. I’ve lived in this house for almost a year now and some of my stuff is still just shoved in boxes under my bed and in my closet. I need to go through all my shit and get rid of what I don’t need. I have a pile of clothes that are waiting to be altered. These things need to find permanent homes or be donated.
- Be more intentional with how I spend my $$$. I want to get a better grasp on how I’m spending my dollars so I can use them more wisely and on things I actually want. Less impulse shopping and more thoughtful purchases.
- Dream routine!!! Dudes, this is serious. I want to be this human who has a time and a place where I accomplish all this badass stuff. It’s going to be easier to accomplish all these other goals if I have a routine in place. I’ve been saying this for, like, ever ever, but I am really feeling it right now. Summer time is the perfect pressure free time to test out some new options for my schedule. I’m going to test out some different routines and adjust accordingly when necessary.
Summer is also time for FUNZIES. Here is some more lighthearted shit I would like to accomplish:
- Ride a swan boat. I have been trying to to this FOR-EV-ER.
- Brunch all the GD time.
- Perfect my own iced coffee recipe
- Swim in any water that exists, especially Barton Springs
- Make my own signature sangria
- Watch a movie outside
You guys, I’m feeling super pumped about this right now. Please feel free to ask me how any/all of these bad boys are doing over the next couple of months. The first day of fall is September 22nd and I’m going to do my best to attack these in full force. Starting with brunch this weekend because, duh.
Do you have any exciting summertime plans lined up?