I’m here to report on my successes and not quite successes of my Spring Moxie. If you need a refresher on what I was attempting to accomplish you can find the original details here.
- Create a morning routine. LOL. Well I had a routine, it just wasn’t the one I was hoping for. My routine consists of resetting my alarm several times and barely having time to feed my cat and put on a coordinated outfit. I’m going to find a way to do this. I just gave up and stopped trying and loved my bed and morning kitty snuggles more than the idea of eating breakfast and doing morning yoga and having plenty of time to get ready in the morning. #YOLO
- Take after dinner walks. So, I probably did this a handful of times which was great, but it didn’t quite become a habit. My reason for this was to work on my fitness. I ended up joining a volleyball team (we won the championship game!!!) and reactivating my Classpass membership, so I’ve been doing a little more physical activity which feels like a win.
- No TV or Internet after 10 PM. There were some solid stretches here. I read Big Magic, Why Not Me?, and Chasers of Light. I definitely want to try to get back into this groove. I had to finish the new season of Orange is the New Black first, obviously.
- Get a new tattoo! I actually got an old tattoo covered up with my new one and I couldn’t love it more! If you’re in the ATX area and looking for a tattoo artist I highly recommend Megan at Bijou.
- Try one new restaurant a month. The new restaurants I checked out were Annie’s, Counter Cafe, and Cover 3.
- Make my room more awesome. I have officially put some art on my walls, but definitely need to add more. The painting is a Synesthesia interpretation of the song “Who Knows Who Cares” by Local Natives and was done by Jennifer Morley of audioacrylics. The letter board is by Letterfolk and is currently featuring lyrics from Angel Olsen. The Joy and Sadness painting is by a pal I went to high school with (check out more of her stuff here). A friend’s BF drew me Taylor Swift with no pants on, this was obviously pre-bleach blonde bob Taylor. I also 💜 having old photos on my walls. Yes, that is a giant light up gummy bear.
I know we’re already a few weeks into summer, but I’m still working on narrowing down what to focus my energy on. I’ll be back soon with more deets. Do you have any big summer plans?