Here’s a recap of how I did on my spring goals! Spoiler alert: NOT WELL.
In no particular order:
- Work out 3x a week: LOLZ. There were zero weeks all spring I made it to the gym 3x a week. At most I got there twice and it wasn’t frequently. I did go to a couple yoga classes during the spring which were fun, hard, and sweaty! I may be trying to incorporate more of that into my regular routine.
- Blog 3x a week: LOLZ. I had a planner where I was scheduling out posts far in advance and everything. Somehow they didn’t go from my planner to the interwebz?! I did write my most viewed post to date, though, on my break up and rebound.
- Get my living space current – things that reflect who I am right now, including my closet: I feel solid about this one. I cleaned out my closet and donated a bunch of old clothes to Goodwill. I took down pictures from high school and put up prints and other art. I added some new lighting too! I still need to make my first ever trip to IKEA to buy a rug. I also want to buy some plants. (RIP Suzi)
- Redesign my portfolio site & order business cards: LOLZ!!!! I have no comment on this because absolutely nothing happened for this. It was a nice thought, Jess Lonett of the past, however, Jess Lonett of the present has done nothing to achieve this lovely ambition.
- Weekly reflecting & planning: LOLZ. This is seriously going to happen in my life. For realz. It will. I swear.
- Send more real mail: LOLZ. I think I sent 2 things in the mail, but neither of them were for fun like I had hoped, sigh.
- More skype dates with far away friends: I achieved this goal and I would love way more of this in my life! Proof:
My one little word for spring was balance: LOLZ. I was obviously overly confident when I created this list and to have balance as my goal. Balance might be a little ambitious for a twenty-something figuring out so many variables at once. Good thing I’m reading this. My work schedule was a major culprit for a lot of my balance issues and missed goals. In the winter I had just started my job and didn’t have my full schedule yet. I also always forget how crazy the spring is. Every year I’m like, “Oh hey, April, nice to see you again!”, then WA-BAM! I’m smacked right in the face with an overwhelming spring that I don’t know how it started let alone how it is over. Next year, spring, next year.